Board and Senior Management
Hancock Prospecting’s Executive Committee is responsible for the management of the Group and its business ventures.
The Executive Committee is made up of:
- Mrs. Gina Rinehart, Executive Chairman
- Mr. Tad Watroba, Executive Director
- Mr. Jay Newby, Executive Director
- Mr. Garry Korte, Chief Executive Officer
SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM
- 2015 | Australian Mining Prospect Award – Contribution to Mining
- 2015 | IMARC Inaugural 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2015 | Sydney Mining Club, Australian Miner of the Decade
- 2016 | Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia (CME) Women in Resources Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2016 | Momentum Most Inspiring Woman of the Year Award
- 2016 | Global Lifetime Brand Icon Award in Minerals & Exploration
- 2016 | Honorary Life Membership of the Institute of Public Affairs (IPA)
- 2016 | Federation Star Award from the International Women’s Federation of Commerce and Industry (IWFCI)
- 2017 | The Lifetime Achievement – Global Leadership Award from McMillan Woods Global
- 2017 | Women Leaders of the Decade in Innovation & Enterprise Award from the Women Economic Forum
- 2017 | Lifetime Achievement Award from S&P Global Platts
- 2017 | Excellence in Mining award at the Women in Industry Conference and Awards.
- 2017 | Australian Mining Prospect Award – Contribution to Mining
- 2017 | Chairperson of the Year Award, CEO Magazine’s Executive of the Year Awards
- 2018 | The Angkor Award for leadership in female empowerment from the Cambodian Children’s Fund
- 2018 | The 500 Club State Shapers Award for her role in shaping the state of Western Australia
- 2018 | American Chamber of Commerce in Australia (AmCham) – Gold Trophy
- 2018 | Mines and Money special award for Outstanding Achievement in the mining and resources sector
- 2019 | McMillan Woods Global CSR Visionary Leader
- 2019 | Global Business Leadership Awards 2019 Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2019 | CEO Magazine inaugural Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2019 | CEO Magazine Resources Executive of the Year Award
- 2019 | Swimming Australia Lifetime Contribution Award
- 2019 | Roy Hill wins award at the 2019 Diggers and Dealers Mining Forum
- 2020 | Roy Hill wins the Industry Leadership Award at Platts Global Metals Awards 2020
- 2020 | Mrs Rinehart wins the GJ Stokes Memorial Award at Kalgoorlie-Boulder’s Diggers & Dealers Mining Forum
Fifty years’ total experience in both open cut and underground mining, encompassing mining operations, mine planning, feasibility studies, project financial evaluation, negotiations with government and non-government organizations, business development, joint venture participation, project commissioning, exploration management, audits and other related activities. Tad has worked in iron ore, manganese, gold, brown and black coal, oil shale, copper, zinc and lead and was employed by Bechtel and several small-to-medium sized gold companies prior to joining HPPL in 1991. Tad has broad and significant experience with mining projects in Australia, Papua New Guinea (Ok Tedi), China and New Zealand.
Chartered Accountant admitted to the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia in 1988. Broad experience in corporate finance, accounting and tax, and mergers and acquisitions, specialising in the mining/resources and property/construction sectors both in Australia and South-East Asia.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
25 years’ experience gained in mining and related industries. Previously CFO of subsidiary company Roy Hill Holdings, from 2013 to 2016, responsible for leading US$7.2billion project financing for construction of the Roy Hill project. Prior to this held position as CFO of Paladin Energy Ltd, a uranium mining business listed on Australian, Toronto and Namibian stock exchanges. Career began with PriceWaterhouseCoopers before working with Credit Suisse First Boston and later Brambles Industrial Services. Experience gained includes as a minority shareholder of a mining and construction business over 8 years. Chartered Accountant admitted to Australian Institute of Chartered Accountants in 2001. Awards 2014 – Australian CFO of the Year Award, CEO Magazine
EXECUTIVE GENERAL MANAGER, FINANCE / COMPANY SECRETARY
Jabez has more than 20 years of experience in financial reporting, corporate taxation, advisory and treasury, having worked in a Big Four accounting firm and in businesses within the mining and resources industry in Australia. Jabez is a Chartered Accountant and a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and its predecessor, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, since 1997.
DAVID LARKIN AM
CEO, HANCOCK AGRICULTURE
David has over 30 years’ experience in the meat industry including running his own vertically-integrated beef business, Atron Enterprises. He spent six years as Chairman of the Australian Meat Industry Council. During his term as AMIC chair he played important roles in developing trade access agreements and removing trade barriers for Australian beef in emerging markets like China, as well as the US, Japan and Korea. Most prestigious awards include: AMIC’s Distinguished Australian of the Year award in 2009, and in 2014 both the Australian Export Heroes Award and Red Meat Achievers Award as well as the recipient of an AM in the Queen’s Birthday Honours in June 2017.